Daniel M. Shlufman has been a practicing real estate attorney concentrating in residential and commercial real estate transactions since 1989. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Real Property Law Section of the NYSBA and their Cooperative and Condominium Committee.
Dan has been in the mortgage industry since 1995 as a residential mortgage broker, a real estate attorney, and the President and co-founder of FCMC Mortgage Corp. At FCMC, in addition to originating and structuring mortgage loans, Dan was in charge of operations and all regulatory and legal matters.
Dan has also lectured on cooperative and mortgage financing for the New York State Bar Association, the Practicing Law Institute, Lorman Educational Services and Lawline.com. Some of his recent lectures include:
- New York State Bar Association: Mortgage regulatory updates for 2013 and 2014 (July 2013)
- RESPA and NY Banking Law Changes Affecting Real Estate Closings presented to attorneys, accountants, and financial planners as a 1.5 hour CLE seminar. (lawline 2013)
- Critical mortgage regulatory updates by the consumer financial protection bureau (lawline 2013)
- Regulation Z, Loan Officer Compensation and Anti-Steering (lawline.com, 2011)
- Complying with Mortgage Lending Laws (Lorman, 2011)
- Dodd-Frank and its Affect on Mortgage Financing (lawline.com, 2010)
- RESPA and NY Banking Law Changes Affecting Real Estate (lawline.com, 2010)
- Contract Issues with Respect to Mortgages in the Current RE Market (NYSBA, 2009)
- The Attorney and the Mortgage Loan (PLI, 2005-2007)
Dan Shlufman graduated from New York University School of Law with a J.D. degree in 1989 and was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in Professional Responsibility and Regulation of Lawyers. He graduated from The State University of New York at Binghamton in 1986 with a B.A. degree. Dan graduated with Outstanding Academic Performance and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
In addition to his professional activities, he is the Secretary of the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey, a member of their Board of Trustees, and the 2008 winner of their Russell Berrie Young Leadership Award.