Choosing an Expert
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Mortgage Expert Witness
The right mortgage expert witness can make all of the difference in your success in court. Choose wisely and choose someone who is credible. Here are some questions to consider before selecting an expert witness for you next mortgage fraud case.
- Does your expert have current knowledge about the mortgage industry?Mr. Shlufman is actively involved in current mortgage origination. He is fully up-to-date on all areas of regulation, standards, and accepted practices
- Does your expert witness understand the law and the legal ramifications of his/her testimony?Mr. Shlufman is a practicing real estate attorney and active member of the New York State Bar Association. He understands what lawyers are looking for from their expert witnesses.
- Is your expert witness personable and persuasive on the stand?Mr. Shlufman has personality that commands respect. He presents easy to follow arguments in a relaxed style that wins cases.
- Can your expert witness provide a well reasoned written report for the court?Mr. Shlufman is adept a preparing strong written reports for the court in language that is both clear and persuasive. He prides himself on a writing style that is direct and free of superfluous words.
- Can your mortgage expert witness provide a forensic loan audit and consulting services?Mr. Shlufman has the skills to provide forensic loan audits and consulting services. His loan and mortgage knowledge is extensive and can be leveraged in discovering abnormalities.
- Will your mortgage expert witness deliver testimony that is free of industry jargon and distills complex transactions into compact descriptions that are clear and persuasive?Mr. Shlufman knows that mortgage transactions live in a world of acronyms and terms that the lay person rarely knows. He works hard during his testimony to spell out the nuances of regulations and transactions in simple language that has impact.
- Will your expert mortgage witness be open to criticism and make changes in his/her style and presentation to meet your specific needs?Mr. Shlufman understands that you are hiring an expert witness for a specific purpose and need. He wants you to be successful and will make sure that his testimony or deposition delivers your point in a style that you believe will be most effective.
- Can your mortgage expert witness remain cool under pressure during testimony, depositions and cross examination?Mr. Shlufman has worked in stressful situations throughout his professional career. He knows how to remain calm and stay on point regardless of the maneuverings of the opposition counsel.